How good is your Eric Church trivia?
Eric Church is known as a ‘bad boy’ and a ‘rebel,’ but he’s so much more than that! He’s a devoted husband to wife Katherine Blasingame Church, a father of two sons—Boone and Tennessee—and a true artist with no boundaries. Learn more about the proud ‘outsider’ below!
1) His full name is actually Kenneth Eric Church.
2) The nickname “Chief” comes from his maternal grandfather who was also nicknamed Chief.
3) Eric Church loves whiskey so much that Jack Daniels creates custom bottles for him. The special bottles feature a medallion around the neck that’s etched with the singer’s face.
4) Eric has a degree in marketing from Appalachian State University.
5) He was engaged shortly after graduating from college, but ended the relationship after his fiance’s father tried to talk him out of pursuing music career.
6) Bruce Springsteen sent Eric a fan letter and declared that he and his family loved Church’s big hit song “Springsteen.”
7) He was fired by Rascal Flatts for playing too long as their opener. Taylor Swift replaced him… (Eric is actually a Swift fan too.)
8) He made a deal with his father that if he went to college and got a degree, his father would fund his first year in Nashville pursuing music. Both parties held up their end of the bargain.
9) Back in high school, Church played baseball, golf, basketball, and football.
10) Despite being a country artist, Eric has played Lollapalooza and Metallica selected him to play during their inaugural Orion Music Festival.
Share these factoids with other fans of the Chief!